By Thor Schnetler
Thursday, 21. March

The last ten years have brought great achievements: A world record in 2019. A European record for women in 2018. Sold out for the last three years in a row. Now it’s time to enter the next era.

Even though Copenhagen Half Marathon is in a good place, it is important for the organizers to continue to develop the event, and therefore Sparta Athletics & Running is now launching a new brand identity that will help position Copenhagen Half Marathon even stronger in the world.

“Copenhagen Half Marathon is a resounding success. Every year, the event attracts record numbers of participants from all over the world. Therefore, it is natural that we continuously invest in and develop the event so that it will continue to be one of the world’s favorite half marathons for both the elite and the recreational runners,” says CEO of Sparta Atletik & Løb, Dorte Vibjerg.

A high level of ambition to set the standard

Earlier this year, the organizers launched the new route, where participants embark on the 21.0975km from Jagtvej before crossing the finish line on the well-known Øster Allé.

The new route will help ensure a better event. Not only for the participants, but also for the thousands of spectators who move around Copenhagen and Frederiksberg to cheer on all the participants. The new Copenhagen Half is something you will especially encounter before, during and after the race when you participate or are on the sidelines.

“The participants and the city should not only have a good route and a professional execution. The entire visual experience, from our digital universe to the packaging on the route, the experience at the expo, the t-shirt and not least the medal, must really give the participants the feeling that they are participating in a world-class event that is not just one of the crowd,” says Dorte Vibjerg, who adds:

“And we believe we can deliver an even stronger experience in the future.”

The Copenhagen Half Marathon takes place on September 15th, and the event sold out with 27,000 participants after just 39 days.

Facts about Copenhagen Half Marathon

  • This year’s edition of Copenhagen Half Marathon is the 10th edition
  • Copenhagen Half Marathon is a World Athletics Gold Label event
  • This year’s event is sold out with 27,000 participants, which is a record number of participants
    66 percent of participants are from Denmark and the remaining 34 percent are from abroad
  • Race records
    • Men: Geoffrey Kamworor, 58:01, 2019 (Previous world record)
    • For women: Tsehay Gemuchu, 65:08, 2021